Dear valued clients,
We are very excited to announce the re-opening of Holly Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation on Wednesday June 3rd, 2020
We have been diligently working towards putting all of the necessary safety precautions and protocols in place while waiting for the confirmation to open from the Ontario government and our professional organization. We want to assure you that every appropriate infection control, hygiene and physical distancing measure is in place to ensure the safety of our patients, their families and our staff.
Existing patients will be contacted by our team with information necessary to restart you program in-clinic. As directed by our professional regulatory body, we will be prioritizing clients to ensure that the benefits of in-person treatment outweighs the risks. Virtual rehabilitation will be offered and is an excellent option for many clients to receive physiotherapy expertise in the safety of their home.
New patients can schedule an appointment at 705 252 6329. You will be screened over the phone and booked accordingly. Thank you for your patience.
Holly Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation’s health and safety protocols:
We have adopted measures recommended by our professional organizations and the ministry of health. After a full risk assessment, we are implementing the following stringent health and safety protocols:
• All of our therapists will have appropriate personal protective equipment
• All clients are to wear face masks at all times while in the clinic
• We have implemented strict protocols for hand washing and sanitizing between patients
• All patients are to disinfect their hands prior to entering and again before departing the clinic
• All fabric surfaces have been removed or declared off limits
• The waiting room has been rearranged to observe a 2 metre social distance
• Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk
• Gym equipment usage zones marked to maintain safe physical distance
• Signage throughout the space reminding people to keep safe physical distancing
• Cleaning protocol includes frequent disinfecting of common areas and high-use surfaces after every client or staff
• Hand sanitizers have been placed in multiple areas around the clinic for frequent use
• Appointment times are staggered to limit the number of patients in the clinic at one time
• Treatment tables are fully sanitized and pillowcases are changed after every patient
strong>Holly Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation’s screening and appointment protocol
A three step screening protocol will be implemented before entering the clinic. If you answer YES to any of the following questions we ask that you contact the clinic prior to your appointment:
1) Have you been in close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness?
2) Have you travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
3) Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have you had any close contact with a confirmed case of COVID 19?
4) Do you have any of the following:
b. New onset of cough
c. Worsening chronic cough
d. Shortness of breath
e. Difficulty breathing
f. Sore throat
g. Difficulty swallowing
h. Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
k. Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
l. Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
m. Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
n. Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
5) If you are 70 years of age or older…are you experiencing any of the following symptoms:
b. Unexplained or increased number of falls,
c. Acute functional decline
d. Worsening of chronic conditions
All patients are to wear face masks during the appointment. Please bring your own if possible. If you do not have a mask, one will be supplied at a minimal fee. Hands are to be disinfected upon arrival and again upon departure
We will continue to stay up to date with the Ministry of Health and our professional association’s protocols and implement any safety measures as recommended. We thank you for taking the time to read this and doing your part in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of the community.
As an alternative to receiving direct therapy in-clinic, we are offering all new and existing clients the option to receive tele-rehab services to address their current needs.
We are using a secure and encrypted video software called Embodia for all virtual appointments. Embodia uses the Zoom Health platform to host the appointments. It complies with HIPAA and PIPEDA (health privacy legislation).
Your therapist will further answer any questions and determine the appropriateness of tele-rehab for your condition.